Monday 6 November 2017

OCTOBER FAVOURITES


Well hello there!
For my first ever blog post I thought I would start off with something every make up lover likes to know, the monthly favourites!


Now the first of my monthly favourites is the Soph X Makeup Revolution eye shadow palette. This come out in September and I could not wait to purchase this as I am a massive fan of Sophie (Sophdoesnails on YouTube) First of all, I absolutely LOVE the packaging!! It is much different to the other Makeup Revolution palette's, because it is  matte and nude which is different to their usual black glossy packaging. Another thing I love about it is the colour selection - it hasn't got too many warm colours, or shimmers, it has a bit of everything! It is very versatile and you can create many different looks with it. The colours also blend out really well and easy. All of the shades are nicely pigmented - more than what you would expect from a cheaper makeup brand, and for £10? I think she has done such a good job with this palette. Also, I love the mirror on this palette because it's huge - which is very convenient for travelling.

My second favourite of the month is the Mac Cosmetics Bold & Bad Lash Mascara. I love the concept of this because you get the 2 wands in one mascara. The bigger wand is a cone shaped brush and a perfect size in my opinion because I hate the larger brushes! The second brush is a mini cone shape which is actually in the lid of the mascara and this is for the bottom lashes. The brush is extremely tiny but it is very good for getting right to the root of your bottom lashes. The formula of this makes my top lashes very voluminous and black, and does an amazing job at separating my top and bottom lashes. It does not make them clumpy either which personally I don't mind, but this particular mascara does not do that at all. I find that it is very easy to remove even with a makeup wipe, and the packaging is very cool! It is £19.50 which is expensive as it is Mac, but because you get 2 mascara's in one I think it's completely worth the money.

My third favourite is the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost Highlighter in the shade Ice Cold. This highlight is EVERYTHING. I have been using this for quite a while now and I am always drawn back to it because it is that good! It blends in very well with my skin tone so it does not just look like a line of colour on my face and it does not emphasize my texture. The pigment is so blinding and the shade is so good for us pale girls out there. If you love a strong highlight like I do, then you will love these highlighters.

My fourth favourite is an oldie but certainly a goodie! It's the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I had this sitting in my make up box for ages until I randomly decided to use it once, and now I can't put it down! I LOVE the formula of this foundation, it is very smooth and creamy. I get a lot of blemishes due to having a combination skin type and the coverage is so good! For me, the coverage last's a full day at work without any top ups. I normally like a thicker consistency to cover my blemishes but I feel that it does the job really well. I would definitely re-purchase. 

My last favourite is the Colourpop No Filter Concealer. I love the coverage of this product, it covers my under eyes and blemishes really well and it is not too thick for how well it covers. It also does a really good job of brightening under my eyes, which is always a good thing if you have a bit of discolouration there. The dofer is long, straight and bendy which is good for getting into the corners of your eyes. I love the packaging, it's very sleek and expensive looking. The only downside to this concealer is that it does slightly oxidize so if you do want to buy this, buy a lighter shade than you would usually need. For the price of $7 (£4.59) you do get a decent amount of product as well, it is 100% worth giving it a go!

Where you can buy them:


So those were my October Favourites!
Thank you so much for reading,

♥Alix ♥

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first post!
    I wish you all the best on your blogging journey

    Hayley | hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a very nice post and informative Blog. Painmeds365 is a popular accredited online pharmacy located in the USA. Enjoy further discounts when you buy in bulk. We sell a wide range of effective and very affordable anxiety remedies that you can order from your own home from our curated website.

    Galenika Bensedin 10mg
    Citra 100mg Tramadol
    Buy Tapentadol Online
    Buy Rivotril Online

    ReplyDelete